Region C Planning Group
The Region C Regional Water Planning Area includes all or parts of 16 counties. Overlapping much of the upper portion of the Trinity River Basin, Region C also includes smaller parts of the Red, Brazos, Sulphur, and Sabine river basins. The Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area is centrally located in the region, and its surrounding counties are among the fastest growing in the state. Major economic sectors in the region include service, trade, manufacturing, and government.
Region C Counties
- Henderson (partial)
Meeting Minutes & Updates
Last Meeting: The Region C RWPG meeting was held March 31, 2014 at the Trinity River Authority Central Wastewater Treatment Plant in Grand Prairie. Highlights include:
- Approved submitting a hydrologic variance request for TRWD system to use a safe yield for planning purposes. The one-year safe yield reflects the TRWD management plan and has been used in past regional water plans.
- Ratified execution of contract amendment numbers 3, 4, and 5 between TWDB and NTMWD on behalf of the Region C RWPG.
- Approved amending the subcontract between NTMWD and consultants on behalf of the Region C RWPG.
- Approved water demand revisions for Dallas County-Other to reflect water demand for DFW International Airport and submittal of those revisions to TWDB for approval.
- Approved the appointment of a sub-committee for project prioritization to work with consultants before the next Region C RWPG meeting.
Meeting Minutes: visit the "Calendar/Past Meetings" link on Region C Regional Water Planning Groups External Website for meeting minutes.
Region C Related Links
TWDB Contact for Region C
To contact the TWDB Project Manager, please click Region C Project Manager