Region C Planning Group
The Region C Regional Water Planning Area includes all or parts of 16 counties. Overlapping much of the upper portion of the Trinity River Basin, Region C also includes smaller parts of the Red, Brazos, Sulphur, and Sabine river basins. The Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area is centrally located in the region, and its surrounding counties are among the fastest growing in the state. Major economic sectors in the region include service, trade, manufacturing, and government.
Region C Counties
- Henderson (partial)
Meeting Minutes & Updates
Last Meeting: The Region C RWPG meeting was held December 2, 2013 at the Trinity River Authority Central Wastewater Treatment Plant in Grand Prairie. Highlights include:
- Approved Bob Riley to replace Steve Berry as voting member representing environmental interests. Approved Drew Satterwhite, General Manager GTUA, to replace Jerry Chapman as voting member representing water districts.
- Adopted resolutions Nos 13-3 and 13-4 thanking Steve Berry and Jerry Chapman for their service to the RCWPG.
- Approved renewal of membership for nine-expired terms to serve another 5-year term expiring Nov. 1, 2018. Renewed members included Bell Ceverha (public), Russell Laughlin (industries), G.K. Maenius (counties), Howard Martin (municipalities), Robert Scott (environmental), Gary Spicer (electric generating utilities), Jack Stevens (water districts), Connie Standridge (water utilities), and Kevin Ward (river authorities). No other nominations were provided.
- Approved executive committee’s development of nominations for executive officer slate for 2014 via resolution 13-5.
- Approved officers for 2014 as Chair – Jim Parks; Vice-Chair – Jody Puckett; Secretary – Russell Laughlin. No other nominations were provided.
- Approved the Region C, winter 2013 newsletter.
Meeting Minutes: visit the "Calendar/Past Meetings" link on Region C Regional Water Planning Groups External Website for meeting minutes.
Region C Related Links
TWDB Contact for Region C
To contact the TWDB Project Manager, please click Region C Project Manager